Catalyst Kids Coordinator
Catalyst Covenant Church (St. Paul)
Location: St. Paul, MN
Position type: Part-time
To apply please send us a cover letter and resume with 3 references to Jeff Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will come alongside the vision of Catalyst to offer leadership, support and coordination to allow our children and the children’s volunteer team to thrive in their faith at Catalyst and beyond.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Staffing the check in table on Sunday Mornings along with creating a team to over time take responsibility for the check in table.
- Answer questions and be a friendly face and presence to parents during the week via email and on Sunday mornings before and after worship.
- Takes a leading role in the recruitment and scheduling of volunteers for our Infant/Yearling room, our Toddler room and 6-10year old room.
- Help along other volunteers and staff to develop or find suitable curriculum.
- Be a consistent presence in either the infant or toddler room. Typically 2 times a month would be the goal of “in room time” so other weeks this staffer could just be present in the larger church to become a known face and leader.
This is roughly a 8 hour a week position. That typically breaks down as follows:
- 3 Hours a week on Sunday am, a total of 6 to 8 hours a month (Set up, programming time, clean up).
- 3 hours or so a week of emailing, scheduling, meeting with the occasional parent, or staffer and planning and prepping for Sunday materials and curriculum.
- 1-2 hours a week of Other occasional meetings/responsibilities with staff or volunteers as needed.
- Stipend for conferences/continuing education as it relates to ministry training for personal development (details TBD).
The hourly rate is $14 an hour.
This position would also include Multiple Sundays off a year. To be Determined
The Personality type that will thrive in this role will be a person that:
- Has a heart for Christ and for children and their spiritual growth.
- Has a “missional heart” with the desire to empower and equip others to serve alongside you.
- Gets that philosophy that we want to be a church that multiples & works well in a team.
- Possesses a flexible, teachable attitude willing to forsake preferences for the sake of the gospel.
- Believes in the theology, mission and values of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
- Wants to help build a culture of “be” rather then “attend” church.
- Sees Catalyst as their church home, not a gig.
- Has excellent skills in communication, scheduling, organization and attention to details.
- Has some ministry experience, training or education working with children.
Contact: Jeff Olson