Adventures in Leadership (A.I.L.) is a leadership camp for high school students (completing grades 9-11) facilitated by the Northwest Conference to develop and strengthen their leadership skills.
The purpose of this event is to provide student leaders with a Biblical foundation and leadership framework that challenge and enable them to discover an effective lifestyle of Christian leadership, unique to their own abilities and giftedness. Past students have found this week to be transformational in their development.
Each participant will …
- Be introduced to various leadership styles, functions and skills.
- Become aware of personal capabilities (spiritual and natural).
- Examine characteristics needed for Christian leadership.
- Learn that servanthood is the beginning and end of
- Christian leadership.
- Create a vision of who they can become as a leader.
Program components include:
- Worship & Leadership
- Group simulations
- Wilderness Training
- Leadership Inventories
- Acclimatization Activities
- 4 Day Canoe Trip
- Peer Coaching
- Life-long Memories
* BE ADVISED: AIL involves high levels of physical, emotional and spiritual rigor.
What they’re saying
“AIL was challenging! However, it really opens doors of understanding. The canoe trip was so much fun and hard. Now having finished AIL I think, ‘Wow, I am capable to do anything when I put my mind to it.'” – Melinda
“AIL is an amazing opportunity to grow spiritually and as a leader. It also is great for making lasting supportive friendships.” – Tyler
“The whole experience was really rewarding for me. I learned a lot of new things about myself and leadership. I met and befriended a lot of new people. It was great and I would definitely recommend AIL to anyone.” – Andrew
“I learned that God can use many different types of leaders for His purposes. We all have different gifts and abilities. God has really used this week to show me how to be a better leader.” – Lizzie