Private Christian school serving preschool – grade 12 since 1913
Located on the west bank of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Minnehaha Academy is a Christian college preparatory school that is committed to academic excellence for students in preschool through twelfth grade.
Since 1913, we’ve provided high-quality education while integrating Christian faith and learning. Minnehaha Academy includes an Upper School (9-12), Middle School (6-8) and a Lower School (PreK-5)
As a Christian school, it is Minnehaha Academy’s goal to create a loving, Christ-centered environment where each child feels safe, accepted and valued. We believe that children learn best when they are actively involved with their environment and engaged in meaningful activities that promote cognitive, social, emotional, physical and spiritual growth. Recognizing that there are many different ways to learn, we strive to provide activities for auditory, visual, tactile and kinesthetic learners.
- Minnehaha meets 100% of identified need for financial aid for Covenant families.
- Award winning Advanced Placement course program
- Curriculum includes the highest number of Advanced Placement courses of any private school in Minnesota
- Service and volunteer focused
- Students in grades 9-11 participate in a year-long Cultural Immersion Program, including a week-long offsite experience locally, nationally or internationally
- 25 varsity sports – 75% of students are on a Minnehaha Academy athletic team
- More than 20 performing groups -75% of students at Minnehaha Academy are involved with a Fine Arts Program
- 100% of Upper School students are involved in an extracurricular activity
- iPads available for student use, and interactive whiteboards and projection systems are in 90% of classrooms
- 21% of the student body are students of color
For more information MinnehahaAcademy.net