Leadership Development is core to our mission and vision
The Northwest Conference is committed to the identification, development, resourcing and supporting of pastoral and lay leadership within local churches.
Workshops such as EPIC (Empowering People, Inspiring Change) are available on a regional or local level. Leader affinity groups are also available to connect ministry personnel with others in a shared field of expertise. NWC staff is available to assist in the process of leadership development through assessment, education, training, and coaching on the local and district level.
Covenant Pastors have the opportunity to take part in a formal leadership mentoring program facilitated by the ECC and the NWC called Co-OP (Coaching Of Pastors). As a part of this process, a pastor will have a weekly conversation with the assigned mentor for one hour. This formal relationship will last between 12-18 months. Topics to be covered are wide ranging and intended to provide new insights and competencies for participants.
Interested in being coached? Here’s how to get started:
- Contact Jon Kramka at the NWC office and CGE to let us know you are interested.
- A pastor from the CO-OP Management Team will contact you and help determine if CO-OP is a good fit for you at this time.
- Download the Coaching Start-up Kit (here). The kit includes an enrollment agreement, a PowerPoint presentation and a price sheet.
- Make a presentation to your church leadership for their blessing and support.
- Complete the enrollment agreement and send it along with the initial payment (enrollment fee and first month’s coaching fee) to Church Growth and Evangelism via email or mail (Evangelical Covenant Church, 5101 N. Francisco Ave., Chicago, IL 60625). Registration deadlines are listed on the price sheet.
- Upon acceptance into CO-OP, you will receive an access code to take three online assessments though the Midwest Counseling Center.
- Soon thereafter, you will have a 30 minute conference call with a counselor (from the Midwest Counseling Center) and your coach. The purpose of this call is to apply the assessment results to your new coaching relationship.
- You will receive a personal access code to the CO-OP library (via Ministry Advantage). Download all the modules for free.
Adventures in Leadership
Adventures in Leadership (A.I.L.) is an 8-day leadership camp for high school students in June facilitated by the Northwest Conference in partnership with Adventurous Christians/Covenant Wilderness Center to develop and strengthen their personal leadership knowledge and skills. AIL capitalizes on the unique dynamics of a wilderness setting and provides student leaders with a Biblical framework and leadership experiences that help construct an effective model of Christian leadership, unique to their own abilities and giftedness. Past students have found this week to be transformational to their personal and spiritual development.
Local Workshops and Leadership Teams
The NWC staff is available to make formal leadership presentations and to facilitate conversations in the areas of leadership development and training.