Beginning in 1956, hundreds of high school age Covenanters gathered together as the Covenant High Congress. This event has morphed through the years moving from regional camps centered on small group Bible study, large group gatherings with speakers, music, and recreation to outgrowing such venues. This growth prompted a change and in 1972, the East and West Coast Congresses combined, necessitating a location that was more conducive to the nearly 1,500 students who attended.
This legacy has become what is now “Covenant High in Christ”, best recognized as “CHIC” by the thousands who attend and tens of thousands who have attended, and continue to support this ministry.
From the time they arrive, CHICsters are stunned not only by the volume of the music but also by the sheer number of their peers who have intentionally gathered out of a desire to play, worship, learn, and grow in understanding and in faith with others from throughout the US, Canada, and abroad.
CHIC acts as a catalyst in students’ lives, helping them see the big pictures of God’s Kingdom and inspiring them to dive deeper in their faith – together. Through dynamic speakers, relevant messages, small groups, Base Camps, and worship CHIC Inspires students to live transformed lives – even giving of their time and resources to impact local communities and the world.
Through the years CHIC has been modified and diversified, innovated and revolutionized; however, a few key elements remain; CHIC is a triennial event where thousands of youth gather for small group Bible study and devotion, large group gatherings with speakers and music, and outdoor recreation. Praise be to God, faithful throughout the ages.
July 15-20, 2018 · Knoxville, TN
Visit the official CHIC site for more details or to register online.
High school students are eligible to attend CHIC if:
- They will complete grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Please note – in order to attend CHIC 2018, you must be 15 years old by Dec. 31, 2017, OR be 14 years old AND have completed 9th grade in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Note: Seniors may attend CHIC a second time
- Counselor applicants must be at least 21 years of age by Sept. 1, 2017.
- Volunteer staff applicants and companions for students with special needs must be at least 19 years of age by Sept. 1, 2017.