Mahtowa Covenant Church to celebrate 100th Anniversary
Mahtowa Covenant Church in Mahtowa, Minnesota will be celebrating its Centennial Anniversary on September 16th and 17th with a special dinner and services.
The original Swedish Evangelical Church of Mahtowa was organized in 1917 by twelve charter members who had come from Sweden and settled in the area. They met in homes until 1923, when a church was built two miles south of Park Lake, close to where Covenant Park Bible Camp is located now. In the early years the church shared a pastor with the Covenant Church in Moose Lake. The church building was moved from Park Lake to the town of Mahtowa in 1948 and the name was changed to Mahtowa Evangelical Covenant Church in 1965. In 1978 the old church building was torn down and the current building went up, with additions in 2007 and 2010.
Mahtowa continues to be thankful for all those who came before and for God’s leading and provision along the way.